Driving is an activity we do daily, and usually more than once a day. Now, for those of us who have families, driving with children is even more necessary, whether to take them to school, for a walk, to their different activities, shopping, or to visit the family. It is imperative to know what we must do to keep our little ones safe when they are aboard our car. Let’s see some tips that are basic when transporting our children.
- The first thing to remember is that children under the age of twelve must ride as passengers in the back of the car and never in the front.
- Make sure you have an appropriate car seat for your child’s age. Children do not have to use special seats only when they are babies but at different ages. This way, we can ensure that they are correctly seated in the car seats.
- After putting each of your children in the appropriate seats, make sure they are wearing their seat belts and any other restraints that child seats bring. Remember that seat belts save lives.
- Try not to have objects in the car that are not well secured. In the moment of a collision, anything can act as a projectile, causing severe injury. Ensure you don’t have anything you don’t need inside the car; everything else you can put in the trunk.
- Don’t be distracted. Do not use your cell phone to send messages or talk on the phone; this takes your concentration and attention away from the road. The same thing happens when you play with the radio, the temperature controls, or any other device and when you eat or are distracted by talking or observing the passengers. Put and keep your eyes and your full attention on the road.
The well-being of our children is the most urgent and essential concern for us These simple tips will help us keep them safe in the car. Remember, prevention is the most significant part of safety.